20 TIPS FOR GETTING THE BEST POSSIBLE ODDS
The goal of this Fair Odds Recording methodologies at Winning Edge Investments is for each member to beat the price recorded in official results, or at least fit them.
Below is a summary of the top 20 ways to get the best possible odds, and exceed official results:
1) Use Dynamic Odds (or alternative odds comparison websites)
One of the more important variables – if not the major factor – in betting profitably is striving to get the absolute best price possible.
Once all the work is done and you are onto a good thing, there is no larger’own goal’ than carrying an inferior price. It requires the identical amount of time and effort to place the wager, nevertheless you get paid (sometimes considerably ) less.
When you are after any of our services, it’s crucial that you aim to get the lowest prices possible. There’s no point going into the 1 bookie and only carrying their cost if others are paying better.
Take yourself back into the old-school betting ring at the monitor…you wouldn’t do it there! You would constantly hunt for the best cost and zero in on that bookie.
Thankfully, odds comparison websites permit you to replicate that when betting on the internet. Rather than having to make your way across all the different bookies’ websites or programs, odds comparison sites allow you to just pick your race or sporting event and see multiple bookies’ costs side-by-side.
There’s a few odds comparison options out there. In our view, the best one available is Dynamic Odds. Click on the hyperlink and we have organized a distinctive 4-week free trial for you. It’s an easy-to-use and readily comprehensible item. You can pick that bookies to display on screen, there’s a mountain of alternatives and tools, and best of all, you can sign in to all your bookie accounts through the program and simply bet from Dynamic Odds with the click of a button. Click that cost you want, enter your stake, and you are on. It is fast and dead-simple to use and ensures you always get the very best price of each the bookies.
If you are not using Dynamic Odds you are costing yourself a fortune in extra profits. It amazes us that there are still members reporting that they are still not utilising this instrument. A little punter working fulltime will improve their profits substantially using Dynamic Odds. You can assess and compare prices together with your personal bookies quickly on your notebook or mobile phone, and even place bets through your mobile with your entire bookies employing the lively odds mobile edition. This is a lot faster and more effective than gambling through each bookie app or website separately. Don’t forget our link provides you with a 4-week free trial, so if you haven’t tried it yet, get onto it now. The superior version only costs $35 per month. For the excess money you will earn by having the ability to easily take better costs, that’s a complete bargain. Trust us, it is well worth every cent.
2) Have many bookmaker accounts
The basic rule with bookmakers is to have access to as many as possible, as it provides you a greater prospect of always having the ability to wager the best cost. Take your betting bank and spread it across as many bookmaker accounts as possible. It is much better to own your own bankroll equally split across 10bookmaker balances than all sitting one.
There’s a lot of options out there in regards to bookies. Our suggestions, as a way of importance/benefit are as follows:
Betfair, Bet365, Vicbet, TopSport, Sportsbet, Sportsbetting, NSW Tab, VIC Tab, Ubet, BlueBet,Ladbrokes, Neds, BetEasy, TopBetta, David Dwyer, Betstar, Bookmaker, Tabtouch, Greatest Bookies, Unibet, Palmerbet & Classicbet.
3) Bookies with a buffer
In case you haven’t got an account with Bet365, then be certain you get one instantly. Bet365 routinely offer you the most effective early prices on racing, and in addition provide an SP guarantee. Bet365 cover best of fixed cost or SP, whichever is higher. It can be worth sometimes taking a lower fixed price to secure the potential benefit of’ramble protection’. Whilst this is often a fantastic option, best tote or Betfair SP will usually outperform SP on any drifter. Taking early costs with Bet365 will give you the chance to transcend official outcomes, with the SP buffer available when the horse does ramble. Bet365 are well-known for banning winning punters, but together with NSW and Vic currently having minimum bet laws in place, Bet365 is back in the picture for everybody. Use them where their cost is over or near the 3rd best fixed price in the e-mail as there’s an SP buffer (provided that you are not restricted from this merchandise ).
Betfair routinely offer the best odds available on the market for horse racing, especially during the last 15 minutes of gambling.
Usually Betfair gets you the best odds on horses drifting in the market, and on horses in large (double figure) prices. It is a must have.
We can write an informative article on the costs available on Betfair on a few of our winners, but a couple of illustrations from Dean’s Tips are under. As you can see, at all spectrums of the market you can get Fantastic prices on Betfair even only at Betfair SP:
??? Emmadee: Official $101, $260 Betfair SP (earned out to $560 on Betfair in gambling )
??? Balrov: Official $23, $60 Betfair SP (earned out to $120 on Betfair in betting)
??? Time And Truth: Official $23, $80 Betfair SP (got out to $140 on Betfair in betting)
??? Fish Bones Fry: Official $34, $60 Betfair SP (earned out to $90 on Betfair in betting)
??? Shazee Lee: Official $56, $100 Betfair SP (got out to $110 on Betfair in betting)
BOB stands for Best of the Best. This is a great product that gives you the very best of 3 totes or Top Fluctuation (notice Top Fluctuation is figured from 25 minutes prior to race start time – maybe not from the opening price).
Vicbet offer BOB for all races around Australia, seven days per week. TopSport offer it for Saturday Metro meetings, as do Ladbrokes/Bookmaker/Betstar. David Dwyer provides it for many Sydney metro meetings such as midweek. BOB is generally better for horses at single figure odds, also BFSP (Betfair SP) better for horses at double figure odds.
6) Added late gambling stake on big drifters
One opportunity to think about is raising your stake on a stunning drifter.
The Kelly Criterion (widely considered the ideal formula to use to determine the optimal size of a bet), indicates that to increase long-term gains and make a greater advantage, the more you should bet. So, as an example if you speed a horse a $3 chance and could get $7 at the market, you should wager MORE than if you could obtain $5 in the market.
This theorem is why we recommend having another wager at our runners in the event the purchase price drifts to around 50 percent or more above the suggested price.
Some reasons that horses ramble dramatically on Betfair comprise;
??? Wide gate ??? High weight
??? Poor run last start or poor recent form
??? Low-rated trainer or jockey
??? First-up and not favoured
??? A sexy, heavily-backed favorite in the race
These motives have already been assessed and considered by our specialist professional analysts – drifters shouldn’t concern you in several instances.
Should you lock in an early cost after which the horse drifts significantly (near 50 percent or more), then it is certainly worth checking on Betfair to get your average cost up, to exceed official outcomes. There have been plenty of significant drifters that have won at odds far greater than official rates. It is just about accepting additional advantage when a person drifts.
7) Get on track It is becoming reported that top fluctuation prices on track in the racecourses are above those reported during the Official Costs (which need an absurd 6 bookmakers to have the price for the fluctuation to be contained ). Going to the track to bet can get you better deals than available online.
8) Other bookies not contemplated in opening fixed prices Many bookies like Unibet, Palmerbet, Betting.Club, Betstar, Bookmaker, Neds, Classicbet, Pointsbet & Madbookie are all not contained when saying the 3rd best fixed price. You can frequently get bigger fixed odds employing these bookies.
9) Bookies not on Dynamic Odds
A very large proportion of members wager using Dynamic Odds, and take the best available deals from that selection of bookies. Because of this, there are numerous bookies whose costs aren’t revealed on Dynamic Odds. They’re also not regarded as official results or betting information.
But many members do gamble with those bookies, and often find they get greater prices than main bookies. Another bonus is that as such bookies are lesser known & not on Dynamic Odds, their prices are often available a lot more. If you happen to miss a historical price, it might be worth looking at those bookies to find out whether the cost might have held, as they frequently do hold considerably longer compared to the bookies on Dynamic Odds.
Options include: Betting.Club, Palmerbet, Madbookie & Pointsbet.
10) Horses drifting to better prices than quoted before awake sent
This actually happens fairly frequently. By the time the alarm is sent, many times a horse has drifted outside to prices greater than stated, but nonetheless that said cost is recorded. By way of example, there was one occasion where a horse had been informed at $3.20 if the e-mail was sent, but was 4.40 about a minute later.The $3.20 price was recorded for this winner.
11) Bookies offering better deals than quoted after awake sent
There are actually occasions where bets are shipped, but there is still 1 or 2 bookies who haven’t put up costs yet. Though early prices are crunched, often these bookies will post their analyst’s first prices. There was an event where we backed a horse from $21 into $11, after which 1 or 2 bookies opened 15 minutes later at $21. Those costs often sit there for some time as most members have already placed their bets.
12) Tracking and gambling late when marketplace percentages are lower and more in your favor As soon as we advise taking a cost with Greatest Tote/SP, Best Fluc, Betfair SP or BOB, which suggests we think the horse will likely drift from its current fixed cost in gambling.
Bets for many horse racing services are sent normally between 9am and 11am, however, the market percentages are bigger at nowadays. Whilst we frequently acquire outstanding costs on horses that were mispriced and firm, on many occasions natural betting movements mean the prices drift out towards beginning time since the bookies begin to compete along with the marketplace percentages reduce.
This implies often a horse drifts back out, but gets backed again really late by big players. So, although the starting price may be close to or even lower compared to early price, the horse has been considerably larger odds during betting.
Below are three examples which spring to mind, but these types of market moves are trivial:
??? Delagos: totaled $11, drifted out to $31 with corporatebookies and $30 Betfair only before the start, but just paid $15 SP
??? Maccy Fields: Opened $8.50, drifted out to $14 Betfair, firmed back to $8.50 SP
??? Zerprise Journey: Opened $4.20, drifted out to $6.60 in gambling on Betfair, then firmed back into $4.10 Best Tote/SP
13) Not betting if a horse is becoming over bet Often a horse receives’over wager’ and endorsed down to a silly, shortprice, particularly at the shorter end of the market. You may opt to not wager when the value isn’t there, or so the horse is beneath the rated/minimum price counseled – this will save you units in the very long run and avoids taking’unders’. You can even put a minimum price on Betfair SP so that you never take beneath the minimum price you set / we recommend.
14) Putting back a runner Betfair if the horse has become’overbet’
Some wise members put back runners that firm dramatically. This enables them to efficiently have a’free bet’ on a runner, or even guarantee a profit regardless of whether or not a horse wins or not. This grants a few members the opportunity to substantially reduce variance and wager reasonably risk free, especially when financing runners expected to firm dramatically when advised by the specialist. Greyhound Genius & John’s Analytics are two solutions at which this can be very effective as all bets are advised to be endorsed at fixed odds when the email is sent, and the huge majority of bets company in the marketplace.
15) Metro/City v Country/Provincial
Bargains on runners for Metro/City races are substantially lessinfluenced when bets are released than Country/Provincial races at which they may be impacted. For Metro/City races (the major raceday in every state generally on a Saturday and Wednesday), three great choices are betting through Bet365 if you’ve got the SP warranty, using a Best of the Best merchandise (highest of Best Tote and Top Fluc) offered by manydifferent bookies such as Vicbet, or again Betfair is your friend on Metro races also with amazing rates and liquidity available throughout betting, even if only using the Betfair SP tool.
Note the standard tracks for Metro/City racing are:
??? NSW: Randwick, Rosehill, Warwick Farm and Canterbury
??? VIC: Flemington, Caulfield, Moonee Valley, Sandown Hillside and Sandown Lakeside
??? QLD: Eagle Farm and Doomben
??? SA: Morphettville and Morphettville Parks
??? WA: Ascot and Belmont
For Provincial & Country racing, taking a number of the greater fixed costs available at the time stakes are shipped is a good strategy, but if you are able to monitor prices even just on some days such as weekends, you’ll find through a combination of corporate bookies, Betfair and totes that you will receive excellent prices above those recorded.
16) Consider the advised unit stakes The advised unit stakes are an excellent guide on whether to bet early or late on selections. According to your experience using a service, or evaluation of the previous benefits, you are able to ascertain the typical quantity. For most services that the’standard’ level the expert aims to collect on a win bet isaround 5 units. If that is the case and the ceremony backs a horse to get 1 unit to win, and the horse is odds of 5, that is about regular as a good bet. If the horse is odds of $10, then we stand to amass 10u when the horse wins, then that is a high confidence bet. This horse will frequently firm in betting. If the horse is chances of 2 we stand to collect 2u, so this is reduced assurance, or possibly only a’saver’ bet. This horse will frequently float in gambling. So utilizing the amount to be accumulated, with 5u (or the typical collect) as the’barometer’, may be quite a fair indication of whether a horse will either firm or drift, especially in the extreme ends of the spectrum. This could help you choose whether to back the horse ancient in a predetermined price, or choose a late betting option such as BFSP/BOB/BTSPif not able to monitor. An illustration was a horse called Flash Boy at Bendigo. Advised 0.5w but available market price was only $5. Given that’s only a 2.5un win accumulate, locking in a historical fixed price was not the way to go. Individuals who backed it with Bet365 got $9 SP, BTSP paid $10.90, BFSP $13, and final matched Betfair cost was $14.50. 1 question that is asked is when if a wager not be put if the value is now? In general terms, advised bets must be put, however, the best way to describe is with extreme examples. Firstly, let us say weadvise 1u to triumph a horse at $31 for a 31u amass. In the event you back it should you overlook early prices and it companies to $10? The answer is yes, since the 1u investment nevertheless stands to accumulate 10u and that is still a major collect and a significant profit. The significant firming suggests how wrong the first market price has been, however, how much you stand to collect suggests the horse remains a value bet. If I advise 0.1u on a horse at $31, and it firms to $10 until you’ve bet, well then you simply stand to amass 1u if it wins backing it at $10, well below what you would ordinarily expect to collect on a winner with the service, which means you could give this horse a overlook as long term there’s little value to be had taking unders on those runners. A better example is when a service advises 1u to win at a horse at $5, and it firms to $ two until you have put you wager. Again the original amass was 5u, but now using a 1u investment onto a 2u accumulate, this no longer could be a worthwhile investment. It’s an art, not a science, and ultimately your decision, but the above will help guide you towards when to wager early or late (or maybe not at all in milder cases ).
17) One suggestion in a race multiple championships in a race
When there’s one wager in a race, then there’s more likelihood of that runner firming (especially if the expected win bet collect is anything above 4u). When there are two stakes in a rush, it’s often the case that you firms and one drifts. However whenever there are a number of bets at a race (3 or more), it is very infrequent they will all company. Generally maybe 1 firms and the rest drift, or they will all drift. The sole exception is when we sharply reunite 3 runners at large odds to beat a short priced favorite. If the brief favourite drifts, the others could firm, but it can go another way. Again, the aggressiveness of this staking will guide you on whether to wager late or early. But the more horses backed, the further that locking in adjusted early costs with no SP buffer should be prevented unless the amass is above 5u. When there are multiple runners in a hurry it’s frequently a fantastic opportunity to track or use BOB/BFSP/BTSP.
18) Don’t worry about constantly getting the best possible price each time
It is not possible, or required. All our solutions are highly lucrative, with results easily achieved by following the information contained here. Constant improvement in your betting practices will imply constant progress on your long-term results, and that’s the key to long term success with your betting. Have a couple of minutes out every day (or only once every now & then) to examine the flucs & closing costs available of runners we back using lively odds & you’ll soon open your eyes to the possible opportunities.
19) Change your mindset: Do not suffer with FOMO (Stress Of Quitting Out)
As a general rule, many punters suffer from FOMO. They take a predetermined cost on most occasions. The market has changed radically and market percentages in ancient markets have continued to change upwards to often 130%-135%, and this is quite high. Taking premature fixed costs can be problematic also if there are scratchings, where significant deductions could be applied, further reducing your final dividend. A mindset change for many is vital. Realising the Betfair market near race start time gets down to about 102%, and also waiting and trying to monitor prices and bet late will lead to better overall consequences for those willing to take the moment.
20) Don’t be lazy, and stop making excuses
Whilst we understand many members have jobs, the truth is that a large proportion of bets are sent to weekends, or outside normal working hours. For many members, there will be periods where they are not functioning, and it’s at those times where members should look to greatly exceed official outcomes by tracking and putting bets late rather than blindly betting using Fixed or Best Tote/BOB/BFSP type choices. Like many things in life, the more effort you put in, the better your result will be. Also like most things, the longer you practice something, the more you become. In this day & age with smartphones, bookmaker apps & Dynamic Odds, etc, comparing prices and placing bets in the best odds has never been more simple & reachable. Invest sensibly, don’t be lazy, put a little effort in, and don’t lose out on the larger profits you could easily be attaining.
Read more: streetnews.one